DRC Tourism Visa
The Institut Congolais pour la Conservation de la Nature – ICCN (the Congolese Wildlife Authority) has now signed a ground-breaking agreement with the Direction Générale de Migration - DGM (the Congolese immigration service), to facilitate the process of obtaining Tourism Visas for people visiting the National Parks of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
If you wish to apply for a Tourism Visa, please use one of the following options:
Apply for the visa online on this website as you book your National Park permits (click here to go to the booking site). Book and pay for your visa via our booking page, in combination with the permits and other services you require from Virunga NP, once your booking and payment is made you will receive an email with the application form that needs to be filled out and sent in by email. You will receive a confirmation of your application and within 7 days proof of an approved visa that can be handed in at the border crossing.
Arrange your tourism visa via a registered tour operator, please see our tour operator page for more information and contact details
General information on the DRC Tourism Visa
- The tourism visa can only be bought online or via a trusted tour operator.
- The visa is only valid in combination with an acquired Park Permit (gorilla or volcano).
- The visa costs 50$ to be paid online or to the tour operator (never at the border itself).
- The visa is valid for 14 days from indicated day of entry.
- We try to process all applications within 7 days.
- Be aware that vaccination certifications may be required for access into the country
- The Directorate of Immigration – DGM reserves the right to reject a visa application
- The tourism visa is a single entry visa
Other visas for Congo are available via the DRC embassy in your home country; please contact them for more details.